Dear Summer Adventure Families and Friends,
Summer 2020 will soon be here, and we are looking forward to Summer Adventures at Portledge! Our camp dates are June 22 through August 14.
We have several updates to announce:
- For the first time, we will collaborate with Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club (SCYC) on Centre Island and offer extended “add on” courses in beginner sailing and adventure boating. Additional highlights at SCYC will include swimming, paddleboarding, kayaking, and sailing. See Sports section
- 13-15-year-old students will be able to build leadership skills at our new CIT (counselor in training) camp. See Academic Institute section.
- We have several new art programs in production including pouring, giant sculpture, and excursions to the Nassau County Museum of Art. Traditional favorites such as pottery and jewelry making will also be offered.
- Miss Donna is coming back to teach hands-on science and STEM with her gentle approach to learning. A visit to the Webb Institute, courses in Marine Biology and our fabulous Junior Vet camp are all being offered again.
- Don’t forget our sports favorites including badminton, lacrosse, baseball, soccer, fencing, and six full weeks of basketball. Chess and other classes including coding, Minecraft, VR, and other tech are on the docket.
- We are continually adding courses and times for both our early childhood and older students. We can happily keep most campers busy until 5:30 pm.
- Geometry, Algebra II, and SAT/ACT prep will be offered, as they are every year.
We encourage you to attend an open house, read our brochure, or reach out to us if you have any questions. We hope you will sign up for the best Summer Adventure ever!
Melissa Worth & the entire Summer Adventures staff